Sorry for not updating in a bit. I have gotten a couple of things done but had found it hard to find some time to get on here, first would be the portfolio piece that I finished a couple of weeks ago, here is a picture of it:
It felt great to finally get it done, it was pretty complicated trying to get all of the panels in the corresponding shade, but I’m really happy with both of the parts inside of this piece.
I already started on the next one which is supposed to be an exercise on cross-hatching and stippling, it will be the hardest(most time consuming really) piece I gotten up to this point. When I had done my original piece a couple of years ago, it turned out faster but less detailed because I wasn’t able to flex some of the parts to get very accurate with it, now I pay way too much attention to small details so this sort of thing is going to get really mind numbing. What I have to do is to remake the “cut-out” striped exercise I had done before, but this time with markers. This is how its looking so far:
The second picture shows a bit how I am working on it, which is basically to put it side by side and with a pencil work out the shapes until I’m happy with how it looks and then fill it in with markers, the splatters are really hard to work with since I gotta give it a certain edge to each circle. I’m actually just a bit farther ahead then this picture, but so far I’m only doing the complete back spots. Then I have to come back around and put on the actual cross hatching and stippling.
Now with the shoes, I mentioned before that I was going to redo part of my converse to check out the durability of the glue, not too surprising, I finished them up. I redid the tongue/toe into a black canvas to give it breath ability becasue the previous set up had a polyurethane coating which even though it made it waterproof, it didn’t make it breathe so my feet were getting pretty sweaty. I redid the embroidery on the tongue with my new logo and glued it using a somewhat new glue I had and tried out a method suggested by a friend.
Worn in the rain for fun!
I have been wearing them for a couple of days and so far no real separation has happened, there were some tiny spots that got loose, but it was due to an inferior glue line fix I had used initially, so I went on it around and figured out how to fix it so now its working great. The plan with these is to wear them for a straight month, if nothing happens at all then I will start taking orders for vulcanized shoes.
This weekend I got a very rare opportunity for myself, which is Saturday and Sunday off from work, so I’m hopping to get a bunch of stuff done. Today I’m working on the blazers for my sis over in Japan, I finally decided on the quilting design(post’s title lol) meaning I can finally get the work started on them, I was also waiting to see how the glue would turn out with the converse before working on these, but I got a good feeling on the glue job so I will redo it here on the blazers.
My quilting is a work of precision, which unfortunately had made it difficult to decide on something initially, lets see how much I get done today. Tomorrow will be dedicated to work(and hopefully finish) the cross-hatching piece.